Thursday, July 23, 2009

Family.

I think my family likes my ex-boyfriend more than me. This is an uncomfortable and weird situation. Upon breaking up (a mutual break-up I might add), I was immediately bombarded with a mix of puzzled expressions and outcries of “WHYYYYYYY?”. As a result any complaint about the lack of men in the world is quickly squashed by the resounding cries that I had a great man, which I let go. As Dolly and I were discussing last night we have both been raised by strong female figures who taught us not to settle for anything less than true love (another issue entirely is whether this actually exists). I can’t help but feel a little betrayed that as the years pass by (gasp shock horror I’m 25 and single) I get the feeling that my family feels that I should be settling. Am I being paranoid? Probably. But I need to put it out there. You can’t force what isn’t there. This is how you end up a bitter woman at 50, drinking at noon and watching ‘stories’ on the TV.

Love Delilah

No comments:

Post a Comment